Sunday, November 10, 2013

Treasures Close To The Heart
I have treasures I always carry in my wallet.  Please note ahead of time the disappointment a thief would have discovering the contents of MY wallet!
   1.   A Copy of the Preamble of the Constitution of the United States
How grateful I am for my ancestors, every one of them, journeying across the Atlantic, at one point or another, to make their home in this land of individual liberty.  I'm so appreciative that they braved the voyage as I am reaping the blessings.  THANK YOU to them from the bottom of my heart.
   2.  A Copy of my Patriarchal Blessing  
A patriarchal blessing is a special, one time blessing in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints that points out certain things one is capable of achieving and, in turn, blessings one can receive if faith is exercised and life is lived as righteously as possible.  I love my blessing so a copy is always with me.
   3.   My Temple Recommend 
I love to go to the temple to learn, make covenants, and receive blessings from the Lord. So I keep my recommend close at hand.
   4.   My Missionary Badge
I opened my eyes this morning and the first thought that popped into my head was that, after my mission, there is one thing I must add to the above treasures to carry with me always.  That would be my missionary badge.  I know that there will be moist eyes and strong emotion when I take off my missionary badge, worn during my service to the Lord in the Idaho Nampa Mission, for the last time. Norm feels every bit the same way.
The above are my "portable" treasures.  I lug them around with me wherever I go.  Other treasures, such as pictures of all seven children, grace our bedroom and are the last thing we see at night and the first thing we see in the morning.
Each of us have our individual treasures in life.  May we always keep them close to our hearts!














No comments:

Post a Comment