Caldwell Idaho Train Depot
The Caldwell Idaho Train Depot was built in 1906. Caldwell had a train depot even before Boise and was referred to as "the train town" all over the Treasure Valley! The train depot was affiliated with the Union Pacific Railroad.
The train depot was renovated and dedicated on its 100th birthday in 2006. It is open to the public on the first Saturday of each month between noon and 4pm as well as on designated special occasions throughout the year.
Ever since Norm was a little boy, he has been fascinated with trains. He especially loves the old steam engines. As a youth, the Masters family would often travel by train both locally and once across country on a trip to the west coast. This special trip was financed by Norm's adoptive mother, Ruth Masters. As a single woman, she had been saving money for an around the world trip. However, upon marrying a widower with two small boys, the goal was changed from an around the world trip to an across country USA trip with a husband and two young sons!
At home in Utah, one of the downstairs bedrooms is a train- themed room under the careful supervision of Grandpa Masters. It is appropriately labelled with a sign "Grandpa's Train Room."