Friday, November 8, 2013

Are You Working For Them Or For Me?
Most of us like to do a good job with whatever we do and we certainly enjoy receiving recognition for our efforts.  In other words, effort and hard work often are reflected in good job performance evaluations or maybe praise from someone we highly esteem.  It feels good to get these pats on the back or, in other words, reassurances of our individual worth.
Missionary work is a totally different ball game. In missionary work you partner up with the Lord, strive to be an instrument in His hands, plead daily for His help, and rely on the promptings of the Holy Ghost in all you say and do.
The following poem sums up a misisonary's dedication and love for the Lord.  The true missionary seeks not his or her individual praise, but praise for the Lord.
It is truly a noble endeavor and the treasure of a lifetime!

Where Shall I Work Today?
Master, where shall I work today?
My love flowed warm and free.
He pointed out a tiny spot
And said, tend that for me.

I answered quickly, oh no, not there,
Not any one could see
No matter how well my work was done;
Not that little spot for me.

When He spoke, He was not stern.
But He answered me tenderly,
Search that heart of thine;
Are you working for them or for Me?

Nazareth was just a little place.
And so was Galilee.

No comments:

Post a Comment