Sunday, November 10, 2013

Train Whistles - Home and Here
One of the "little things" I love about our retirement home in Utah is that in the early morning as well as late at night we can hear the train whistle. Well, guess what, here in Caldwell it is the same with the train whistle here being even a little louder!
For me, the train whistle represents a beckoning to see new places, meet new people, learn new things.  Being a Bohemian at heart, my greatest happiness is being on the road whether it is cruising down country lanes or up and down the freeway.  I love to pack that suitcase and, yes, I actually LIKE to live out of a  suitcase!  No Problem.  When the vacation is ended, I never want to come home. It's not that I don't love home, but, then again, you never know what discoveries there may be around the bend or over the mountain so to speak.
Grandpa's Train Room, a downstairs bedroom in our Utah home, is filled with train memorabilia here, there, and everywhere. Love those trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment