Thursday, November 7, 2013

Shopping and Inspiration
What in the world could shopping and inspiration have to do with each other? Let me tell you a story. It happened a few months before we began our mission.
Norm was in a store busy with shopping when a song caught his attention over the store's background music.
Remembering some of the words, Norm went on the internet to find that the song was Lead Me Gently Home,Father.  It was sung by the Sons of the Pioneers with Lloyd Perryman as the lead singer in this particular rendition.  Be aware that the Sons of the Pioneer rendered a version of this same song earlier, but you want to hear the Lloyd Perryman version.  There is simply no comparision. The words follow.

Lead Me Gently Home

Lead me gently home, Father,
Lead me gently home
When life's toils are ended
And parting days have come.
Sin no more shall tempt me.
Ne'er from Thee I'll roam.
If Thou'd only lead me, Father,
Lead me gently home.

Lead me gently home, Father,
Lead me gently home, Father
Lest I fall upon the wayside
Lead me gently, gently lead me home.

Lead me gently home, Father,
Lead me gently home
In life's darkest hours, Father,
When life's troubles come
Keep my feet from wandering
Lest from Thee I roam.
Lest I fall upon the wayside
Lead me gently, gently home.

If you're interested in a very moving experience, go to YouTube.com at the following address to hear Lloyd Perryman sing this amazing song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh8FPpal1mw

No comments:

Post a Comment