Thursday, September 26, 2013

There's No One Like Louie Armstrong
We heard a young man singing What  A Wonderful World made famous by Louie Armstrong's amazing voice and style. That's one inspiring set of lyrics!   I read that it took three different individuals to come up with these lyrics and they surely did a great job!
Whenever one might be feeling down, just crank up the volume and listen to a very uplifting song.  It will touch you every time. Promise.

"I see trees of green...red roses too.
I see 'em bloom...for me and for you.
And I think to myself...what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue...clouds of white
Bright blessed days...dark sacred nights.
And I think to myself...what a wonderful world.

The colors of a rainbow...so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces...of people going by.
I see friends shaking hands...sayin' how do you do.
They're really sayin"...I love you.

I hear babies cry...I watch them grow.
They'll learn much more...than I'll ever know.
And I think to myself...what a wonderful world!

It's a beautiful world out there.  Let's pause a moment today, go outside, take in some fresh air, and really look at this beautiful planet.  This planet, our earth, was made for us by our Father in Heaven and we certainly have the privilege of being appreciative of it.


Our Planet Isn't The Only Thing Out There
People are pretty important too and we are meeting some special individuals. To give you an idea of some of these wonderful people,  we'll start off with a young lady taking a picture of her  beautiful horses. She told us that the older horse was bought on the day she was born and the younger horse was born from the older horse.  She related that no price would ever be high enough for her to sell these horses.
Then there is an older German lady whose father fought in the German Army during the Russian Campaign in WWII.  She related how those years were VERY difficult.
How about the man who works at food concession stands in the good weather and plays Santa Claus in the winter. 
Or the rodeo family where a son and brother was quite well known in the rodeo circuit.  Intriguing was the hunter's wife who says that hunting chukkers (game birds) is a real tricky thing because the chukkers are very crafty birds.
One of the most interesting was the lady whose family bought an old Friend's Church (Quakers)! We got to see some of it.  Their living room was the former chapel and their family room was the former cultural hall. You should see the school room she's set up where she homeschools her daughter.  There is a library on the third floor where she (a former school librarian) has a collection of thousands of books.  Amazing!


1 comment:

  1. That's really cool, especially the cool house that has the library with 1,000 books! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete