Monday, September 9, 2013

I Believe, Help Thou My Unbelief
Remember the story in Mark 9:17-27 of the father of the child with a dumb and deaf spirit within him?  The father first said to Jesus, "...have compassion on us, and help us".
Then Jesus said, "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth".
The father said, "Lord, I believe.  Help thou my unbelief".
I don' know about you, but when I read this scripture verse, I think "That's me"!
This certainly says it all, doesn't it?  The father starts off with simply stating his strength which is a good idea. Then he asks for help with his weakness which is also a good, if not great, idea.  How did the father think to condense it all in one sentence? EVERY TIME
I read or hear this scripture, I feel within me my faith and confidence in the Lord strengthened.

No comments:

Post a Comment