Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Morning Walk In Old Caldwell
It is a peaceful morning in Caldwell and not hot yet! Our apartment is one block from the historic district.  The home architects of old put our modern home architects to shame, in my opinion.  I don't know that much about architecture, but my eyes show me the endless creativity of the old styles with innumerable roof lines going here, there, and everywhere! There are multiple gables, real and faux, on any side of the house imaginable.  Stained glass and cut glass windows peek out at the most inconspicuous places.  Wow, am I in my element!  I LOVE this.  Of course, we are so busy that I'm fortunate to get one walk in a week at this point.  SIgh.
We love being near (less than a block and in sight) the College of Idaho  as we mentioned earlier. It is comforting that there is a place of learning so near us with cultural events to add to the learning element. Not that we have a spare minute to take advantage of these things with our missionary contacts being the reason we're here. But we do know that good things are very close and that makes all the difference.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog and all the pictures! Your apartment looks really nice, and it sounds like you're in a beautiful area! Monalisa

    ReplyDelete