Sunday, May 25, 2014

Light, Sunshine, Hope
Eliza Maria Partridge Lyman was the daughter of Edward Partridge, the first Latter Day Saint Bishop following the restoration of the church. 
Eliza was one of eight polygamous wives of Amasa Lyman. She came west and settled in Fillmore, Utah.  

Her journal is an absolute treasure.  She had the ability to see the positive in the midst of great trials.  In her own words, she often felt that  "a ray of light" came that helped her see the hand of the Lord in her every day life experiences.

In 1880, she wrote "I often feel as if I had gone as far as I could, but there is sure to come
a ray of light from some source and many times where I least expect it, and I cannot but acknowledge the hand of the Lord in my preservation. He leads me through deep water, but it is all right, and I feel to put my trust in Him."

As one of our friends so aptly put it,
"Sometimes you  have to make your own sunshine."

No comments:

Post a Comment