Sunday, May 25, 2014

Idaho Nampa Mission Song
The Idaho Nampa Mission now has a mission song!

When I was Relief Society President in the Feather River Ward in Yuba City, California,
the California Roseville Mission had a mission song that touched my heart so much. 
I hoped that when I went on my mission there would be a special mission song also.

My dream came true just last week! 
Our mission song is an arrangement and compilation of three Latter Day Saint Hymns/Songs. 
The songs are Ye Elders of IsraelAs Sisters in Zion, and We'll Bring The World His Truth.


"Ye elders of Israel come join now with me 
and seek out the righteous where-e'er they may be.
In desert, on mountain, on land, or on sea
and bring them to Zion, the pure and the free.

As sisters in Zion we'll all work together;
the blessings of God on our labors we'll seek.
We'll build up His kingdom with earnest endeavor.

The harvest is great, and the laborers are few.
But if we're united we all things can do.

To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity's name.

For we are as the army of Helaman.
We have been taught in our youth.
And we will be the Lord's missionaries to bring the world His truth." 

No comments:

Post a Comment